The Mission of Rejoice Christian School is to provide a whole-person Christian education that immerses our students in a transformative Biblical worldview.
The educational philosophy of Rejoice Christian School begins with the Bible which establishes the parent as the one responsible for the education of a child (Deuteronomy 6:5-7). God’s word provides more than just the content of education but is the essential framework. The Bible is God’s revelation, His self- disclosure of truth. Jesus, the most complete revelation of God in creation, identifies himself as “the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6). Therefore, knowing the truth is the object of education. We then reason, that the responsibility of education is to lead students to know truth, thus to know Christ, and to train them in Biblical principles and Christian character (Proverbs 22:6). This requires spiritually and academically qualified personnel who lead students to discover truth in and through the subject matter, while pointing them to “the source” of all truth. Our goals for students are:
- to achieve proficiency in the subject matter (Psalm 119:73);
- to be challenged to reach their highest potential spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially (I Corinthians 14:12);
- to become aware of their purpose (Ephesians 3:14-20);
- to be prepared to evaluate the present and make proper decisions (Joel 3:14);
- to be responsive to the responsibility to serve others (Romans 12:10).
Statement of Faith
The Board of Directors and Staff of RCS agree to and adhere to the following statements of faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons (Father, Son and Holy Ghost).
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
● We surrender daily our entire self to the the lordship of Christ
● We submit to the authority and leadership of Jesus Christ
● We recognize His sovereign right to rule preeminently over us
● We continuously grow in our walk and personal relationship with Jesus Christ
● We yield every area of our lives to Him so that we might experience the joy, blessings, and fullness of Christ in our life
● We strive to develop character in our hearts through discipleship based on the Word of God
● We pursue self-discipline in our behavior and take personal responsibility for our actions
● We cherish a compassionate, healthy and orderly culture
● We seek opportunities to lead and serve others
● We desire to love ourselves and others with truth and grace as Christ loved us
● We embrace the authority of God’s Word for faith and practice in our lives
● We place the Bible as the cornerstone of the learning experience
● We practice biblical immersion to explore the spiritual, intellectual, emotional needs
of our faith
● We learn how to process information and think critically in the context of a biblical
● We equip ourselves to defend our faith and live a lifestyle in accordance with it
● We believe all responsive learners can thrive and succeed
● We expect high academic standards and rigorous pursuit of wisdom
● We foster an encouraging environment for all to maximize their learning potential
● We inspire a lifelong love for learning and whole-person pursuit of education
● We discover and develop our gifts to positively influence the world for Christ