Philosophy StatementThe educational philosophy of Rejoice Christian Schools begins with the Bible which establishes the parent as the one responsible for the education of a child (Deuteronomy 6:5-7). God’s word provides more than just the content of education but is the essential framework. The Bible is God’s revelation, His self- disclosure of truth. Jesus, the most complete revelation of God in creation, identifies himself as “the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6). Therefore, knowing the truth is the object of education. We then reason, that the responsibility of education is to lead students to know truth, thus to know Christ, and to train them in Biblical principles and Christian character (Proverbs 22:6). This requires spiritually and academically qualified personnel who lead students to discover truth in and through the subject matter, while pointing them to “the source” of all truth. Our goals for students are:
- to achieve proficiency in the subject matter (Psalm 119:73);
- to be challenged to reach their highest potential spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially (I Corinthians 14:12);
- to become aware of their purpose (Ephesians 3:14-20);
- to be prepared to evaluate the present and make proper decisions (Joel 3:14);
- to be responsive to the responsibility to serve others (Romans 12:10).
RCS Mission Statement
Rejoice Christian Schools exist for the purpose of partnering with parents in training students in Bible-based Christian principles and in the establishment of a high quality academic foundation.
RCS Vision Statement
It is our Vision to be a Christian school that provides students with excellence in education and strength in character so that students will be spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially equipped to impact their community and the world for Christ.
- Lordship of Christ- The lordship of Christ is the daily submission and surrender of the entire self to the authority and leadership of Jesus Christ, recognizing His sovereign right to rule preeminently over us. Students are taught to submit every area of their lives to Him so that they might experience the joy, blessings, and fullness of Christ in their lives. Each child is encouraged to begin and/or develop a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Centrality of Scripture- The authority of God’s Word for faith and practice is taught to every student. The Bible is a core subject in the academic curriculum and biblical integration is planned into the learning experience. Students will learn how to process information and to think critically in the context of a biblical worldview in order to defend their faith and to live a lifestyle in accordance with it.
- Academic Excellence- High academic standards are maintained for all students with the expectation that each can succeed. Every child is encouraged to maximize his/her learning potential and to develop a lifelong love for learning. Students will be equipped with a high-quality education to think critically and to influence the world for Christ.
- Character Development- Character development based on the Word of God is instilled in the hearts of all students. Every child receives individual discipleship in self-discipline and personal responsibility in an orderly environment of Christian love and compassion. Each student is trained to be a leader as he/she is given opportunities to lead others while learning the difference between what is acceptable and what is commendable.
- Service to Others- Every student is taught to develop a servant’s heart. Students will learn ways to serve others through outreach, missionary projects, and community service. Students are taught to love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love their neighbors as themselves. As students grow in their relationship to God, they will glorify Him through their interactions with others. A student’s relationships with fellow students, parents, and teachers will be Christ-centered and edifying.
- Parent Involvement- A high level of parental involvement at school and church is encouraged. Effort will be made to encourage parents to take part in their children’s education and to build a strong relationship between the home, church, and school.
- Godly Teachers- The faculty and staff commit to exhibiting Christ-like character and serving as role models for the students. Each has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and has been called to serve at the school. All continually pray and seek the Lord for wisdom and discernment in ministering to parents and students, and have a love for learning and for the students.